If the colorful land of Gujarat sounds appealing, don't worry on how to reach Gujarat. Gujarat is a traveler's paradise because of its historical, religious and wildlife heritage. It is visited by a large number of tourists every year. For the convenience of the visitors, the state has developed strong transportation links. It is well connected to all the major cities in India via road and rail network. All the metropolitan cities such as Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Udaipur etc all are connected to Gujarat through trains. It has a strong road link also, as there are many inter state buses that operate from here. The state is also a popular destination abroad. People from across the globe visit Gujarat to explore the rich culture and heritage.
Ways to Reach Gujarat
Seventeen airports can be seen in Gujarat. The Gujarat Civil Aviation Board (GUJCAB) has been shaped to promote growth of aviation communications in Gujarat. The Board is governeded by the Chief Minister.
The internation airport is Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport that is located at Ahmedabad city.
Domestic Airports Under AAI
There are many airports that are situated in Gujarat state within its cities and districts. These are such as:-
- Surat Airport is Located on Magdalla Road.
- Deesa airport is situated at a distance of 5 km from Deesa.
- Bhavnagar Airport is located 9 km far from the city of Bhavnagar.
- Kandla Airport (Gandhidham) is the most well known airport and is situated at Kandla that is near to Gandhidham region in Kutch district.
- Porbandar Airport is situated 5 km from the city of Porbandar.
- Rajkot Airport is located at a distance of 4 km away from the city of Rajkot.
- Keshod Airport (Junagadh) is the busiest airport and this Keshod Airport is found 3 km far from Keshod city in Junagadh District.
- Vadodara Airport is located at Integrated Terminal Airport of Vadodara city.
Airports under IAF
- Bhuj Airport is an enclave Bhuj Civil airport that has been named after Shyamji Krishna Verma Airport.
- Naliya Air Force Station is also well known airport that provide service for Gujarat state.
- Jamnagar Airport is a civil enclave that is located at a distance of 10 km from Jamnagar city.
Airports under State Government
- Mehsana Airport or the Meshana Airport is about 2 km far from Mehsana city.
- Mandvi airport is another famous airport that provides services for Gujarat state.
- Amreli airport is an air strip or training airport in Gujarat state.
Gujarat falls below the Western Railway Zone of the Indian Railways. Other vital railway stations are railway station of Ahmedabad, Surat railway station and Rajkot railway station. Indian railways are setting up Mumbai and Delhi devoted rail cargo route that will pass through the state. The busiest railway station is Vadodara railway platform in Gujarat. It is also the fourth demanding railway station in India. This platform is situated on the Delhi and Mumbai Western railway highway.
The work of Rs 1.1 billion i.e. of Rs 1,100 crores is going on primary stage of the metro rail project. It is going in Gandhinagar and Ahmedabad region and will start by 2011. Also the contour is predictable to be prepared within 2 to 3 years. The first stage of the metro rail project will cover a remoteness of about 32.65 kilometers in the south to north direction and also between Gandhinagar and Ahmedabad cities.
Gujarat state has the greatest sea coast of about 1600 kms in India. Kandla Port is one of the leading ports that serve Western India. Other imperative ports in state of Gujarat are the Port of Navlakhi, Port Pipavav, Port of Magdalla, Port of Porbandar and the confidentially owned Mundra Port.
Total 68,900kms of roadways comprising of National Highways, State Highways and other roads run through the state. It connects the major cities of the state with the rest of the country. Also there are various two or four lanes highways that connect the Gujarat State. Tourists can even travel by buses or by taxi services that provide wonderful journey to their arrivals.
Also Browse Following Under This Section
The temperature of Gujarat involves varied conditions. The winters are gentle pleasing and arid. The standard....
Gujarat has gained the standing of higher things in its life. The traditions of it reproduce the bigger details of moral....