- Location: Punjab & Haryana, Northern India.
- Altitude: 304-365 m above sea-level.
- Summer Temperature: 45oc max and 30oc min
- Winter Temperature: 20oc max and 04oc min
- Average Rainfall: 1110.7 mm.
- Best Time to Visit: October to March
Seasons in Chandigarh
Chandigarh has a mild climate. Some days are mildly hot while some are mildly cold. The best possible time to visit Chandigarh is during the months of September to March.
- Winters: The winters last from November to February. The maximum temperature during winters is between 7 °C to 20 °C while the minimum temperature is between 2 °C to 5 °C. Frost is a common occurring during winters in Chandigarh.
- Summer: The summer last from March to May. The summers of Chandigarh can be quite hot. The average temperature during summers is between 35 °C to 42 °C. 45 °C is the maximum temperature reached during the summers. The months of April and May are avoided by the tourists because of the scorching summer heat.
- Monsoon: The monsoon months lie between June and August. The rains here are sultry and humid but they help in lowering the hot summer temperature. Chandigarh becomes quite lively during the monsoons.
- Autumn: Autumn lasts from September to October. The average temperature during autumn is 13 °C to 36 °C. The autumn season is preferred by tourists because of the cool weather and moderate climate.
Chandigarh Weather throughout the Year
|Jan||Extremely Cold with Fog||Chandigarh is very cold during the month of January. If you plan a trip in January you will need heavy woolen clothes. But it is also the best time to enjoy all the local tourist attractions. If you are traveling with old people and kids then you have to make sure you provide them the required protection against the harsh winter.|
|Feb||Quite Cold||The weather in this month is just perfect for sightseeing. You will still need woolen clothes. Majority of the day is cold. The Rose Festival is held in February. By the end of February, the temperature starts to rise which makes it the perfect time to enjoy with kids.|
|Mar||Mildly Cold||March has warm days and cold nights. It is also a good time for sightseeing. A few woolens will be needed for the chilly evenings and nights. The moderate climate allows best exploration of various tourist attractions of the city.|
|Apr||Mildly Hot||The famous Baisakhi Festival is celebrated in this month. The rise is temperature make the days hotter. Therefore, evenings are more appropriate time for sightseeing. Sun protective tools like shades and sun screen are required during April.|
|May||Extremely Hot||May is one of the hottest months in Chandigarh. The scorching heat of the sun overheats the ground which makes it impossible to step outside during daytime. Outdoor activities are a strict no-no in this time of year. The skies are clear and warm sunshine is received fully. The evenings are a little cooler but still not comfortable for outings. Sun screens, shades and cotton clothes are required.|
|Jun||Extremely Hot||The heat is still there but a few showers change the mood of the city. Day time is not good for any outdoor event. Humidity and heat combined together makes it a very unpleasant time for tourists. Sun protection is required.|
|Jul||Mildly Hot||The rainfall lowers the temperature but the humidity brought along by the rain makes it difficult for tourists to enjoy. Only plus point of monsoon is that it brings out the amazing natural beauty of nature in and around Chandigarh.|
|Aug||Mildly Hot||August is the wettest month of the year in Chandigarh. The rainfall makes the evenings cool and pleasant. The natural beauty of the city is at its peak. It is not a good time for adventures and outdoor activities in the city but you can enjoy the beauty of natural flora and fauna in the city.|
|Sep||Pleasant||The climate becomes pleasant. The heat during day becomes tolerable while the evenings become enjoyable. Rainfall is also witnessed during this month. At the end of the month, the monsoon finally ends and this is when the actual tourist season starts.|
|Oct||Pleasant||October is the best time for tourists to visit Chandigarh. Both day and night are pleasant. The skies are clear and there is sufficient sunshine. Cool breezes make the weather pleasant. It is the month when the official tourist season begins.|
|Nov||Mildly Cold||It is also a good time for visiting Chandigarh. Both the days and the nights are mildly cold. At the end of month, winter arrives and therefore, you need light woolens. It is the ideal time for adventure and other outdoor activities.|
|Dec||Extremely Cold||It is crispy cold in the month of December that is why you require heavy woolen clothes. It is also a good time for tourists to visit the city. If you are taking kids and old people then take extra care of them. December might be extra cold for them.|
Also Browse Following Under This Section
The people of Chandigarh are usually found in festive mood celebrating every festivities with great enthusiasm and whole....
Chandigarh was designed as well as built by a French architect Le Corbusier during the 1950's. After independence....