It is time to celebrate the divinity of the land of Jammu and Kashmir. The state is discerned in the northern most tip of India, and the positioning is incredibly impressive for the best of touring and trading. The beauty of the land is inexplicable. One will always have something good to say about the place. The omnipotent Himalayas stands with a towering personality, and the adjacent landscape is fabulously adorned with rivers, lakes, streams and the rest. It is a plethora of fun and enjoyment at the place. Jammu and Kashmir have been the land of mighty kings and emperors. The greenness of the forests and the adjacent landscape make part of the world, a paradise worth experiencing.
Jammu and Kashmir is an emerald standing with the best of Indian pride and sanctity. Nothing can be compared to the scenic beauty of the place. Among the other union territories, this is the largest, and it covers an area about 2, 22,236 sq km. This is the state where you would find the perfect cultural amalgamation. The state even holds a diverse geographical status and this makes it so charming and unique. Only an issue in matters of ownership has to extent spoiled the charisma of the place. With sparkling glaciers, snow covered mountain peaks and delightful hill stations Jammu and Kashmir certainly hold a status so rich and vibrant. This is the reason it has been a passionate ground for tourists over the years.
J&K as the most prominent cosmopolitan destination offers variable accommodation options. People can also enjoy a variety of cuisines that will never fail to tickle your taste buds. If you intent to make a tour of Kashmir, or you have plans to visit Amarnath or Mata Vaishno Devi, you can never miss out the attraction of having a day or two in Jammu.
If there is heaven on earth it is here, it is here, and it is here. This is the best thing being stated about Jammu and Kashmir. Travelers have been so mesmerized with the beauty of the place that they cannot stop speaking in praise about the destination so classic and pivotal. Being a Himalayan state in India, Jammu and Kashmir is divided into three main categories. In Jammu, you have the foothill plains. Kashmir is known for the crystalline blue lakes and you even have the opposite blue valleys having a rising to the alpine passes. all impressive mountain ranges in Ladakh capture your attention to extent that you would feel obliged to be in this part of India.
Geographically you can divide Jammu and Kashmir into three prime regions. You can start with the Lesser Himalayas which is even known as the Jhelum Valley. Next, you have the Inner Himalayas which is even named as The Indus Valley. Ultimately you have the Trans-Himalayas which is even referred to as the Outer Himalayas. The portion is even known as the Southern Mountain Range in Jammu. The total area of Jammu and Kashmir is 2, 22,236 square kilometers.
You find three major regions in the state of Jammu and Kashmir. These are three distinct places of Jammu, Kashmir and Ladakh. These are unique regions having individual residence options, and with unique culture, life and tradition you are sure to make a mark in living. Muslims mostly live in this part of India, and you find Hindus mostly in Jammu area while Buddhists are known to live in the Ladakh Region.
An ideal time to have a visit of the Kashmir Valley starts from April and extends till June and the best time to be in Jammu is the period between Octobers to March.
Religious Attraction in J & K
- The prime attraction of coming to the place is the homage one pays to Mother Goddess Vaishno Devi. She is believed to have massive divine power to help you get rid of all sorts of pain and suffering. The Devi can even solve problems like not having jobs, suffering from infertility and the rest. In case you face marital problems or suffer from several physiological disorders, Devi takes care of everything and saves you from all sorrows and anxiety. She bestows life and she bestows hope.
- At the time of the Dogra rulers, the Temple of Ranabireshwar was constructed to pay absolute dedication to Lord Shiva. The deity or the much worshipped Shiva Lingam has its origination at the Narmada Valley.
- In case you are a Shaiva, you would never miss out visiting the temple of Panchbakhter.
- At a place known as Purmandal, which is situated at a distance of 40 kilometers from Jammu is noted for celebrations like Chaitra Chaudashi and Shivratri. You would find the place on the banks of River Devika.
- Another most famous place to visit is Ngbani, and people mainly come here to visit the Nagraja Temple. However, the conversion of the temple to Agricultural School Collegiate School has been quite astounding.
- Here, you can visit one of the famous Gurdwaras. This is where you would find the massive statue of Shri Guru Nanak Dev. The idol is fantastically constructed with white marble.
- You can also visit the Samadhi of Maharani Chand Kaur. She was the wife of Maharaja Ranjit Singh. She came to rule the state after the death of the Maharaja. The charisma of her lifetime pulled several tourists to come and pay homage to her Samadhi.
- People even come to pay homage to Chichi Mata at the Vaishno Devi Temple.
- Then you have the Mansar and the Surnisar Lakes. These are lakes with magnificent island constructions. Tourists mainly come here for the purpose of boating.
- Jhajjar Kotli is an innovative and pleasing picnic destination where you can have a grand time pass with family, and here you have the best centers for recreation along with canyon and café in the midst of lakes and trees.
- If you are a perfect nature enthusiast, you are sure to take a visit of the Bagh e Bahu. This is a fantastic place situated at Hillock remarkably close to the Tawi River. You can also find artificial lakes on all sides, and the place is aptly decorated with fountains and flower beds.
- Jhiri is one more place to see, and this is a perfect destination to visit as a commemoration to the martyrdom of the famous personality known as Baba Jitto.
- Houseboat is a Fantastic Place to Stay – Roaming about in houseboats is a prime attraction in Jammu and Kashmir. This is the best way you can stay in Jammu and Kashmir in the vicinity of Dal Lake. Once on a houseboat you are sure to be fascinated by the adjacent charm and charisma. This is the finest scope to stay so close to nature and feel the pleasantness of the adjacent landscape. Living on the water is a different experience altogether.
- Lakes are Extremely Beautiful Here – In Jammu and Kashmir lakes are prime attractions. The lakes are so magnificent, and their crystal clear view unquestionably calls tourists to come and have the best of viewing. Dal and Nagin are the two most famous lakes in Jammu and Kashmir. These are lakes known for their never ending charisma and beauty. Dal is the most notable lake in Kashmir, and it is bounded by mountains on all sides. Beautiful gardens on the banks of the lakes contribute to the pictorial view of the place.
Kashmir has the bests of wildlife reserves and these are notable internationally. These are places known for their pristine beauty and uniqueness of the ecosystem. On the Himalayan and the sub Himalayan regions you have the most exotic presence of the various species of fauna and flora and you even have the most fantastic avifauna species. The wildlife reserves are better known for their incredible landscaping, and this enables you have the most wondrous safari experience at the place. In Jammu and Kashmir you find the five most incredible wildlife sanctuaries consisting of 75 species of mammals, 58 special bird varieties, and amphibians of four different sorts and insects of 225 different varieties.
Also Browse Following Under This Section
Jama Masjid is the most frequented mosque by the Sunni Muslims of Leh and of neighbouring villages. This mosque is adorned....
One among the world’s highly rated magnificent Buddhist monuments stands in the extremely cold desert area of....